Shoes that are worn get dirty – here are some tips for cleaning them. If the shoes are extra delicate, colorful, or made of wool then I dry brush, spot clean, or hand wash in the sink as needed without product. This is often enough, but I sometimes use a dab of dish soap or leather cleaner.
If the shoes are very dirty or smelly, then I resort to fully immersing them in water or using the washing machine. Most shoe brands are wary of suggesting you wash your shoes in the machine, because they can get damaged. But I personally have washed many a shoe – even leather ones!
Here’s my formula:
– A drop of tea tree oil in each shoe
– Put shoes in mesh garment bag
– Dye & Scent Free Detergent (I use Trader Joe’s brand or soap nuts)
– Use Gentle Cycle or Delicate on the machine
– Air dry the shoes over an air vent
For more shoe care and fit tips, check out this resource!
Are There Barefoot Shoes For Dancing?
A Are There Barefoot Shoes For Dancing? I get asked a lot if there are leather soled barefoot shoes for dancing and the answer is