Babies should be kept barefoot as much as possible. But when it comes time to find your baby shoes, keep an eye out for options that are very soft, flexible, and thin so baby can sense the world through their feet. They have no need for shoes with any structure!
Fortunately, many baby shoes are already barefoot approved so you don’t need to be limited to my list. Once you know what to look for you can pass on any options that are not totally soft and flexible!
But here are a few of our baby and toddler barefoot shoe brands:
- Duchess & Fox (US) – ANYA 10% off
- Softstar Shoes (US)
- Starry Knight Design (US)
- Zutano Booties (US)
- Jack & Lily (US)
- Posh Panda (CA)
- Robeez (US)
- PaperKrane (AU) – ANYASREVIEWS for 10% off
- Magical Shoes (EU) – Sizes EU 18 and up. Use code ANYA for 10% off
- Tikki Shoes (EU) – Sizes EU 18 and up
- Zeazoo Kids (EU) – Sizes EU 16 and up. Use code ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off
- Wildling Shoes (EU) – Sizes EU 18 and up
Looking for winter boots for littles? Here are my top picks for keeping tiny feet dry without weighing them down:
- Jan & Jul (US & CA) – Stay-Put Winter Booties for babies, Toasty-Dry Booties for toddlers (remove heel lift on insole to be zero drop)
- Jack & Lily (US)
- Wildling Shoes (EU)
- Stonz (CA) – Waterproof covers with optional fleece linings. Code ANYAREVIEWS10 for 10% off
For a list of our personal favorites, read the Best Barefoot Shoes for Babies and Toddlers article
2 thoughts on “What Barefoot Shoes Are Best for Babies & Toddlers?”
Hi! The link appears to be broken. I’ve tried it a few times and it always takes awhile to load but eventually brings me to a “no results found” section on the website.
Hm, it’s still working for me… I will try to add the links directly into the FAQ though. For now I can list out a few of them for you:
Zutano, PaperKrane, Jack and Little, Ten Little, Softstar, Duchess and Fox, Everleigh Meadow, Starry Knight Design. Those are some of the good ones!