Seminal Resources for Understanding the Barefoot Movement
Are you new to barefoot shoes? Below are some resources to get you started. Be sure to check out my Best Minimalist Shoes for Beginners post too!
*If you’d like to hear how I came into barefoot shoes, read this post*
- Shoespiracy – This 4 minute documentary by Vivobarefoot does a great job of introducing the issue (scroll to the bottom of the page for the video).
- Whole Body Barefoot – I think this book is the best place to start if you’re serious, because it explains the “why” of barefoot shoes in the context of our modern day lives. Many people get excited about barefoot running and jump in only to injure themselves! Understanding that it’s a whole body change is really important.
- Born To Run – The spark that ignited the barefoot movement! Excellent read to get you motivated, but best paired with Whole Body Barefoot if you’re looking to try it out yourself.
- What are the Benefits of Barefoot Shoes? – An outline of what to look for in a healthy shoe and why it’s important.
Other Informative Resources
Want to dig deeper? Here is an extensive list of places you can get even more information.
- Nutritious Movement – This is a great article
- The Foot Collective
- Correct Toes
- The Story of the Human Body by Daniel Lieberman
- Born to Walk by James Earls
- Ray McClanahan’s YouTube channel