I get asked EVERY DAY for waterproof barefoot shoes that are good for your feet. You see, traditional rain boots have a chunky heel that can really throw off your alignment and cause all kinds of issues in your body. But a completely flat and flexible rain boot is hard to find!
I’ve compiled a list of all the waterproof, water resistant, and rubber rain boots (for kids and adults) that meet my strict requirements for healthy footwear. Don’t let the weather keep you from getting outside! Read on for the full list of barefoot waterproof shoes below.
How to Waterproof Your Shoes
Before we get to the waterproof barefoot shoe options, let’s discuss ways you can make use of the shoes you have. Keep in mind that treating your shoes with a waterproofing agent can change the way they look. Leather often gets significantly darker with impregnating waxes and can even change in texture. While these products are usually very effective, a shoe spray is a better alternative if you don’t want to change the way your shoes look.
- Aquaseal – This is used to repair holes or seal up seams on your shoes!
- Kiwi Protect-All Spray – Works on all materials, including vegan and fabrics
- Nano Tech Waterproof Leather Spray
- Neos Overshoe – This overshoe can be worn directly over your shoes to make them waterproof and slip-resistant.
- Nikwax Footwear Care – Nikwax has a variety of options for different types of shoes, including sprays
- Waterproof Socks from Freet – Use code ANYARV for 15% off your order from Freet. Interesting idea to keep your feet, but not your shoes, dry!
- Waterproofing Sno Seal – To be used on leather. Very effective, but DEFINITELY changes the leather (unless you are dealing with a glossy black to begin with).
Rain Boots for Adults
There are not too many barefoot rubber rain boot options yet, but here are a few good ones for adults. Fun fact, you can turn any rain boots into thermal ones with a boot liner! Consider sizing up in the Amazon ones for toe space.
- Women’s Asgard $35 (AMAZON) – Packable, affordable rubber boots that check all the boxes! You can also find them in a mid-calf version. I sized up one size for socks and a thin liner
- Bisgaard $85 (women’s & kids) – These rubber boots are completely flat and flexible but a little difficult to find. US customers can get them here, and the rest of the world can search for a retailer on Bisgaard’s website.
- Cat & Jack Vincent $25 – This is actually a boys shoe, but will fit some women.
- Pokeboo Packable Rain Boots – $98 Men’s and Women’s
- Tretorn Men’s Bo $50 (AMAZON)
- Tretorn Men’s Gus $96 (AMAZON) Fleece lined
- Tretorn Women‘s Viken $50 (AMAZON) – Find them in black here.
- Tretorn Women’s Vinter $50 (AMAZON) – A shorter and lined version of the Viken.
- Urberg Men’s Bergen – $45
- Urberg Women’s Goteborg – $45
Waterproof Barefoot Shoes for Adults
- Ahinsa Jaya Boots (vegan) – Use code A10_ANYASREVIEWS for 10% off
- Feelmax Kuuva
- Lem’s Waterproof Boulder Boot – I have these and did a video review of them on YouTube. European readers can purchase Lems from Unterwegs Mit Dir to save on shipping and returns.
- Manitobah Mukluks – Great waterproof collection! Super warm.
- Neos Overshoe – This waterproof overshoe can be worn over other shoes or with a thick boot liner to become a warm waterproof rain boot.
- Vivobarefoot Tracker –
ANYA10for 10% off. I also own these and reviewed them in this Tracker review.
- Xero Shoes (vegan) – The Xcursion and Alpine boots are waterproof. See my Alpine review here, and my Xcursion review here.
- Zaqq (vegan options) – A LOT of waterproof styles here.
Water Resistant Shoes for Adults
- Be Lenka Boots – I have their lace up winter boots that have an integrated membrane to keep water out. They worked great for me all winter! US customers can order them from Anya’s Shop and subscribe to the shop e-mail list for 10% off their first purchase. International customers can order from Be Lenka directly and get 5% off their purchase with code ANYASREVIEWS).
- Freet Mudee (vegan) – Use code
ANYARVfor 15% a Freet purchase
- Joe Nimble International – Customers outside the US have access to a much bigger range of models from Joe Nimble and many of them are water resistant.
- Joe Nimble Wandertoes (US) – I own a pair and like them a lot. See my thoughts on them in my Best Barefoot Hiking Boots Post.
- Mukishoes Chelsea – Use code
ANYASREVIEWSfor 10% off.
- Sole Runner – Several models labeled as being water-repellant
- Vibram Furoshiki
- Vivobarefoot Fulham –
ANYA10for 10% off. Another great shoe, reviewed here.
- Vivobarefoot Gobi Hi (women’s) –
ANYA10for 10% off. Personal favorite, see my Gobi Hi review.
- Wildling Shoes – They have several options with an integrated membrane. I tested out the Crane model last spring and was surprised that it completely kept water out.
Kids Waterproof Barefoot Shoes
Rubber Rain Boots
- Bisgaard $85
- Bundgaard – The Classic and Classic Short Bundgaard boots are zero drop. *Note that the Bundgaard sailor is not zero drop
- Original Hunter Classic $58
- KomForme $20
- Be Lenka Penguin – ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off
- Bobux – We have worn several styles of Bobux boots and found them excellent for all weather
- Kiuu Boots – Kiuu has an impressive line of waterproof kid boots! US customers can purchase the Calisto style from PedTerra.
- Mukishoes – 3 Kids models are waterproof: Mini-Moss, Spark, and Swirl. We have a pair of Mini-Moss and they are awesome. Use my code ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off your order, and see my review of the Mini-Moss on Instagram.
- See Kai Run – We have used this brand for a winter boot and they worked out great.
- Tikki Shoes – Water Resistant
- Vivobarefoot Fulham – Water Resistant.
ANYA10for 10% off
- Vivobarefoot Primus Winter – Water Resistant.
ANYA10for 10% off
- Wilding Shoes – Water Resistant