I get asked EVERY DAY for waterproof barefoot shoes that are good for your feet. You see, traditional rain boots have a chunky heel that can really throw off your alignment and cause all kinds of issues in your body. But a completely flat and flexible rain boot is hard to find!
I’ve compiled a list of all the waterproof, water resistant, and rubber rain boots (for kids and adults) that meet my strict requirements for healthy footwear. Don’t let the weather keep you from getting outside! Read on for the full list of barefoot waterproof shoes below.
How to Waterproof Your Shoes
Before we get to the waterproof barefoot shoe options, let’s discuss ways you can make use of the shoes you have. Keep in mind that treating your shoes with a waterproofing agent can change the way they look. Leather often gets significantly darker with impregnating waxes and can even change in texture. While these products are usually very effective, a shoe spray is a better alternative if you don’t want to change the way your shoes look.
- Waterproofing Sno Seal – To be used on leather. Very effective, but DEFINITELY changes the leather (unless you are dealing with a glossy black to begin with).
- Nikwax Footwear Care – Nikwax has a variety of options for different types of shoes, including sprays
- Kiwi Protect-All Spray – Works on all materials, including vegan and fabrics
- Nano Tech Waterproof Leather Spray
- Waterproof Socks from Freet – Use code ANYASREVIEWS for 15% off your order from Freet. Interesting idea to keep your feet, but not your shoes, dry!
- Aquaseal – This is used to repair holes or seal up seams on your shoes!
Rain Boots for Adults
There are not too many barefoot rubber rain boot options yet, but here are a few good ones for adults.
- Women’s Asgard $35 (AMAZON) – Packable, affordable rubber boots that check all the boxes! You can also find them in a mid-calf version.
- Cat & Jack Vincent $25 – This is actually a boys shoe, but will fit some women.
- Tretorn Women‘s Viken $50 (AMAZON) – Find them in black here.
- Tretorn Women’s Vinter $50 (AMAZON) – A shorter and lined version of the Viken.
- Tretorn Men’s Bo $50 (AMAZON)
- Tretorn Men’s Gus $96 (AMAZON) Fleece lined
- Urberg Women’s Goteborg – $45
- Urberg Men’s Bergen – $45
- Pokeboo Packable Rain Boots – $98 Men’s and Women’s
- Bisgaard $85 (women’s & kids) – These rubber boots are completely flat and flexible but a little difficult to find. Young Sole Shoes carries them in kids and women’s sizing for US customers. Otherwise you can check out eBay where there are quite a few for sale in kids’ sizing.
Waterproof Barefoot Shoes for Adults
- Zaqq (vegan options) – A LOT of waterproof styles here.
- Lem’s Waterproof Boulder Boot – I have these and did a video review of them on YouTube.
- Vivobarefoot Tracker – I also own these and reviewed them in this Tracker review.
- Manitobah Mukluks – Great waterproof collection! Super warm.
- Xero Shoes (vegan) – The Xcursion and Alpine boots are waterproof. See my Alpine review here.
- Feelmax Kuuva
- Ahinsa Jaya Boots (vegan)
Water Resistant Shoes for Adults
- Vivobarefoot Gobi Hi (women’s) – Personal favorite, see my Gobi Hi review.
- Vivobarefoot Fulham – Another great shoe, reviewed here and on my Facebook page.
- Be Lenka Boots – I have their lace up winter boots that have an integrated membrane to keep water out. They worked great for me all winter! US customers can order them from Anya’s Shop and use code FLASH10 for 10% off your first purchase. International customers can order from Be Lenka directly and get 5% off their purchase with code ANYASREVIEWS).
- Freet Mudee (vegan) – Use code
ANYASREVIEWSfor 15% a Freet purchase
- Wildling Shoes – They have several options with an integrated membrane. I tested out the Crane model last spring and was surprised that it completely kept water out.
- Joe Nimble Wandertoes (US) – I own a pair and like them a lot. See my thoughts on them in my Best Barefoot Hiking Boots Post.
- Joe Nimble International – Customers outside the US have access to a much bigger range of models from Joe Nimble and many of them are water resistant.
- Sole Runner – Several models labeled as being water-repellant
- Vibram Furoshiki
Kids Waterproof Barefoot Shoes
Rubber Rain Boots
- Original Hunter Classic $58
- KomForme $20
- Bundgaard – The Classic and Classic Short Bundgaard boots are zero drop. US customers can find them at Young Sole Shoes for $60. *Note that the Bundgaard sailor is not zero drop
- Bisgaard $85
- Mukishoes – 3 Kids models are waterproof: Mini-Moss, Spark, and Swirl. We have a pair of Mini-Moss and they are awesome. Use my code ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off your order, and see my review of the Mini-Moss on Instagram.
- Kiuu Boots – Kiuu has an impressive line of waterproof kid boots! US customers can purchase the Calisto style from Young Sole Shoes.
- Bobux – We have worn several styles of Bobux boots and found them excellent for all weather
- See Kai Run – We have used this brand for a winter boot and they worked out great.
- Vivobarefoot Primus Winter – Water Resistant. ANAYVB for 10% off
- Vivobarefoot Fulham – Water Resistant. ANYAVB for 10% off
- Tikki Shoes – Water Resistant
- Wilding Shoes – Water Resistant
- Be Lenka Penguin – ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off