With holidays and cold weather around the corner (and nowhere to go) I am ready to cozy up with warm toesies. But after switching to barefoot shoes I found my old slippers insufferably tight and uncomfortable. Fortunately, switching to healthier slipper options is a lot easier than you’d think. As long as you know what to look for in a shoe you’ll be able to find barefoot slippers lots of places!
For your convenience, here is a list of barefoot approved minimalist slippers & socks that are completely flat, spacious, and still super warm.
If you’re looking for slippers with more substance to them than socks, here is a list of barefoot approved options. I’ve heard reports of great finds at Wal-mart and other big box stores, so don’t feel limited to these! If you are searching for barefoot slippers on your own be wary of hidden heel wedges underneath the insole (you can often rip them out) and don’t be afraid to say no to slippers that squish your toes.
- Softstar Shoes – $80-$125 The Fireside slipper, shown above is my personal favorite. I wear mine every day in the winter.
- Lems Drifter Fur – Cozy lined slip-ons with rubber outsole for light outdoor use and optional collapsible heel. Find Men’s Drifter Fur here
- Baa Lamb Slippers (New Zealand) – You can also order via their Instagram
- Kyrgies – $70-$90 – The Wovens are my favorite. The Slides are also zero drop (others are not)
- High Plains – $70
- Zeazoo Dingo – $125 These have a rubber outsole and I wear mine as outdoor shoes, but they also can be used as very warm slippers. Customers outside the US/Canada can get them from Zeazoo Kids and get 5% off with code
- Manitobah – $70-$150 This indigenous owned brand makes slippers with a good square toe box shape.
- Glerups – $95
- Padraig Cottage – $90
- Falke Cosyshoes – $40
- Baabuk Yves – $79
- LL Bean Wicked Good $70-$100 – Check for heel lift on insole
- The Leather Works – $60-$100
- Fitkicks Kozikicks – $30
- Opplav – $40-80
- Kingdom of Wow – $100
Barefoot House Shoes
Don’t want something warm? Here’s some unlined options!
- Zeazoo Kiwi – $40 Get 5% off with code
- Posh Panda – $90. Read my Posh Panda review!
- Starry Knight Design – $62 Soft sole leather slippers with wool insole, and optional add-on rubber sole.
- Softstar Shoes – The Roo is an unlined leather moccasin for adults.
- Tikki Indoor – $45
Barefoot Slipper Socks
These are my jam. I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible, so these are perfect for a real barefoot feel but plenty of cozy warmth. I like the kind that have grippy sticky things on the bottom so I feel secure on my hard floor, but they’re still essentially socks and in no way restrictive. This list is far from exhaustive, you can find this type of slipper many places, but here are a few good options.
- Etsy – I love to support artisan craftspeople, and there are many hand made minimalist slippers available on Etsy.
- Jane & Bleeker $15/2 Pairs – I have these exact ones (in the photo above)!
- Tibetan Socks – $40
- Pudus – $20
- Bombas – $38
- Love Woolies – $55
Barefoot Socks that Don’t Pinch Your Toes
I am a huge fan of cozy socks both for lounging around and to wear with my boots. But I do not like socks that pinch my toes. Here is a list of toe socks and anatomical socks that allow for full toe splay so you can keep warm this cold season. These are socks you can wear with Correct Toes (inside the regular socks, outside the toe socks).
- Knitido Plus – $20-$30. Use code ANYA20 for 20% off
- Knitido DE – Lots of different option than at the first shop! Use code ANYA10 for 10%
- Injinji $10-$20 – I love my wool toe socks from Injinji. They have both toe socks and anatomical socks and they are my personal favorite sock brand.
- ToeToe – This is the only brand I haven’t tried personally, but they look great and I’ve heard good things.
- Be Lenka $12.50 – These are thinner socks, but anatomically shaped so won’t squish your toes. I wear mine inside my slipper socks. Customers outside the US/Canada can get them directly from Be Lenka proper and get 5% off with code
ANYASREVIEWS(returns are only accepted from within the EU and USA). Those within North American can purchase them directly from Anya’s Shop with free shipping.
- Toe Sox $10-$20 – I love the riding boot toe socks from here so I can be cozy inside my boots and still have free toes. They also have an Amazon shop.
- Leg Warmers $16 – Leg warmers are awesome for keeping you warm but leaving your toes free! I often use leg warmers with a pair of thinner toe socks in my boots.
- Vibram Toe Sock $10
- Chunky Boot Socks $15/5 pack – I wear these all the time in Instagram posts (you guys love ’em!), they are one of my favorite finds for spacious socks that have that perfect chunky look. They are so cozy, so cute, and allow for all the toe movement. Fun fact, they were a gift from my BFF two years ago (shown in photo above).
- People Socks – I stole these from my husband and now use them as house slippers. Sizing up in thick wool socks is a great option if you are having trouble finding cozy socks that don’t squish your toes.
And there you have it! You can keep your feet toasty warm and still maintain full range of motion and barefoot comfort throughout the cold season. And while you’re at it, throw in some of the foot exercises below!
If you’re looking to actually leave your house this winter, there are loads of great barefoot boots options that will keep you warm and still meet all the barefoot criteria. Check out this huge list of barefoot winter boots for plenty of choices for men and women. Let the barefoot-ing continue even when it’s frigid outside!
Got kids? This Barefoot Shoes for Kids post has my favorites kids winter boots listed. Happy Holidays all!