Looking for VEGAN barefoot winter boots? Check out this review of the 8 best vegan barefoot boot options that are warm and practical for the season, as well as lists of vegan barefoot rain boots and vegan barefoot boots for everyday.
- The Best Barefoot Vegan Winter Boots
- 1. Ahinsa Vegan Barefoot Shoes
- 2. Freet Barefoot Mudee
- 3. Zaqq Barefoot
- 4. Lems Shoes Boulder Boot
- 5. Feelgrounds Patrol
- 6. Sole Runner Transition Vario
- 7. Tadeevo Vegan Winter Boots
- 8. Xero Shoes Xcursion & Alpine
- Vegan Barefoot Rubber Rain Boots
- Vegan Barefoot Boots for Everyday
- Vegan Barefoot Winter Boots for Kids
The Best Barefoot Vegan Winter Boots
1. Ahinsa Vegan Barefoot Shoes
Ahinsa Winter | $137 (after code
ANYASREVIEWS) | Water Resistant | Fleece Lined | Sizes EU 37-46
Ahinsa is a brand that makes only vegan barefoot shoes. They are ethically produced, have a very spacious toe box, and are super lightweight and flexible for being a winter boot. Of all the vegan barefoot winter boots, these ones are keeping my feet the warmest and most comfortable! My only complaint is that the tongue is not gusseted, so walking in deep snow or slush can get wet inside. I hope that Ahinsa will make a taller, more waterproof version of this boot for next season.
All of Ahinsa Barefoot shoes are handmade, so sometimes there is a long wait for shoes. It’s also important to note that they do not accept returns, only exchanges.
Ahinsa Fit Type: Ahinsa shoes have a Roman foot shape and are extra wide. They are medium volume, but lace up versions should fit both low and medium-high volume feet. In general, Ahinsa runs True to Size. I am wearing my normal size EU 37 and found the lined Winter boots to be slightly snug at first. They fit perfectly now with a pair of medium-thick socks, but consider sizing up if you want to wear extra warm socks. I would not size up in unlined models.
I also love the Jaya from Ahinsa! It is lined with microfiber, so not as cozy warm as the Winter, but it has an awesome combat boot style and is so soft and comfortable. Don’t forget you can use code
ANYASREVIEWS for 10% off any Ahinsa purchase!
For your convenience, US customers can now order the black Ahinsa Jaya through Anya’s Shop! Orders placed through our shop will be eligible for US returns.
2. Freet Barefoot Mudee
Freet Mudee | $126 (after code
ARV10) | Water Resistant | Sizes EU 37-48
The Mudee is a vegan hiking boot that is water resistant and pretty warm for having such a thin (4mm) sole. Add in a thermal insole and some cozy socks and you’ve got yourself a solid vegan barefoot winter boot! They are practical for hiking conditions, as well as daily wear.
Shoes usually ship within a few days of ordering (from the UK) and returns are possible within 21 day, but customer pays return shipping (Paypal!). Freet also has vegan sneakers and dress shoes, the Pace is my husband’s all time favorite shoe and he manages to wear them in the winter with thick socks (not something I recommend!)! Freet Barefoot also carries the Bootee M, another vegan barefoot boot, but it will not be as warm as the Mudee.
Freet Mudee Fit Type: Freet is a brand that is great for Roman/Square shaped feet. The Mudee fits snugly because of all the padding, so people with medium to high volume feet should consider sizing up.
3. Zaqq Barefoot
Zaqq Quintic | $207 | Fleece Lined | Sizes EU 37-48
The Zaqq Quintic sticks out to me as one of the most stylish vegan barefoot winter boots. They have a classic boot look to them, but are still warm, cozy and good on ice and snow. They are not advertised as being waterproof, but seem water resistant to me. While wearing them I noticed that water drops left marks on the material, but I haven’t had any water soak through and the marks went away once the shoes dried.
Zaqq can be a bit tricky to order from, if you’re in the US you have to request an invoice. Once paid, the shoes ship quickly and I am always pleased with the quality of the shoes. They have one of the best selections of vegan barefoot shoes! Returns are possible, but customer pays shipping.
Zaqq Fit Type: Zaqq Barefoot shoes are medium width, slightly wider than Vivobarefoot. This particular shoe fits a low to medium volume foot, and are great for Greek feet. *Be aware that the dress shoes from Zaqq are tapered at the toe box.*
4. Lems Shoes Boulder Boot
Lems Boulder Boot Mid | $120 | Nylon & Mesh | Sizes US 5-12
The Lems Boulder Boot has an iconic style, but is zero drop and wide in the toes. It comes in a mid height (shown above) and a taller height that is more practical for cold weather. These boots are not waterproof, so if you plan to use them in wet conditions I would check out their waterproofing options (I personally recommend both the Otter Wax and Nikwax that they carry). The only drawback to Lems Boulder boots for me is that they rub my heel. This is easily fixed with a heel cushion, but those with sensitive heels take note.
Lems is a US company, and they ship quickly once an order is placed. Returns are possible, but buyer pays return shipping. The Boulder Boot is a super popular style and it sells out regularly, but don’t worry they always restock! European residents can purchase Lems from Unterwegs Mit Dir to save on shipping and returns.
Lems Shoes Fit Type: The Boulder Boot is known for being great for wide, square, and high volume feet. They run slightly small, so be sure to consult their detailed size guide before purchasing. I am wearing a half size up from my usual in the Boulder Boot Mid.
Besides having an edgier, more mainstream style than most barefoot shoes, Lems also have a thicker sole. They still count as healthy footwear in my book, but be aware that they do not have the same ground feel as the other shoes discussed in this post.
5. Feelgrounds Patrol
Feelgrounds Patrol | $199 | Waterproof | Fleece Lined | Sizes EU 35-49
Feelgrounds is one of my favorite barefoot shoe brands, all their shoes are vegan and legitimately cool looking. This year they launched a vegan barefoot winter boot, but production was delayed so I didn’t get them until mid-March. As luck would have it, we had a spate of winter weather so I was able to test them in cold temps and LOTS of muck. They are definitely waterproof, but stiffer than I prefer in a barefoot boot. Be sure to check out my Feelgrounds Patrol review for all the specs, sizing info, and real life shots.
And while you’re at it, check out my other Feelgrounds reviews for info on the brand and ordering! Shoes generally ship pretty quickly from Germany, and customer service is good.
6. Sole Runner Transition Vario
Sole Runner Transition Vario 3 | $218 | Water Resistant | Fleece Lined | Sizes EU 36-48
The Sole Runner Transition Vario 3 is a vegan barefoot boot meant for serious wear. The outsole is super grippy for good traction, and the thermal fleece lining can be removed for warmer weather. This is a boot I wasn’t able to test out in person, but based on feedback from the community it is extremely practical and high quality.
Sole Runner is a German brand that ships internationally. I’ve ordered from them once and had a good experience!
7. Tadeevo Vegan Winter Boots
Tadeevo Winter Boots | $142 (after code ANYASREVIEWS) | Fleece Lined | Sizes EU 36-47
Tadeevo makes a vegan winter boot that is lined with warm fleece and has a dressy look to them. I have tried the leather version of this shoe, and they are very light, flexible, and spacious. In general Tadeevo shoes are great for extra wide, high volume, and Roman/Square shaped feet (in particular those of you with high volume toes). I think the biggest bonus to these is that they can pass as a work shoe! Use code ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off.
Tadeevo is a Polish company, they ship quickly internationally and accept returns. I’ve ordered from them twice and returned once and have not had issues.
8. Xero Shoes Xcursion & Alpine
Xero Xcursion & Alpine | Waterproof | Sizes US 5-11
Xero shoes makes some good vegan barefoot shoes, but unfortunately they’re almost entirely out of stock right now! I’ll update when the Xcursion and Alpine are back.
The Xcurion is a barefoot hiking boot that is waterproof and sturdy. It is not lined, so might be cold depending on your climate, and I find it to be slightly narrow for a barefoot shoe. The boot has lugs for traction, and so they are also thicker/stiffer than most barefoot shoes.
The Alpine is a warmer, taller waterproof snow boot that has been keeping my feet toasty in the cold. They also run on the stiff side, but are quite practical.
I am wearing a size US 7 (a typical boot size for me when I plan to wear warm socks) and find them to be good for high volume feet. The Alpine is significantly wider than the Xcursion.
Vegan Barefoot Rubber Rain Boots
Vegan barefoot rubber rain boots are great for wet climates, and you can put in a boot liner for extra warmth!
- Women’s Asgard – $35 (AMAZON) – Packable, affordable rubber boots that check all the boxes! You can also find them in a mid-calf version. I sized up one size for socks and a thin liner
- Bisgaard – $85 (women’s & kids) – These rubber boots are completely flat and flexible but a little difficult to find. US customers can get them here, and the rest of the world can search for a retailer on Bisgaard’s website.
- Cat & Jack Vincent – $25 – This is actually a boys shoe, but will fit some women.
- Pokeboo Packable Rain Boots – $98 Men’s and Women’s
- Tretorn Men’s Bo – $50 (AMAZON)
- Tretorn Men’s Gus – $96 (AMAZON) Fleece lined
- Tretorn Women’s Viken – $50 (AMAZON) – Find them in black here
- Tretorn Women’s Vinter – $50 (AMAZON) – A shorter and lined version of the Viken.
- Urberg Men’s Bergen – $45
- Urberg Women’s Goteborg – $45
Vegan Barefoot Boots for Everyday
Here are a few more vegan barefoot boot options that might not be as warm as the ones above, but are still fully barefoot and fully vegan.
- Ahinsa – Use code ANYASREVIEWS for 10% off
- Bohempia –
ANYASREVIEWSgets you 10% off
- Feelgrounds Patrol
- Freet Mudee – ARV10 for 10% off
- Groundies – Odessa Vegan, Nagano, Toulouse, & Oslo
- Lem’s Boulder Boot – European readers can find Lems at Unterwegs Mit Dir to save on shipping costs.
- Mukishoes – See my review of the Cork Chelsea boot in Episode 3 of Wear This, Not That! Use code ANYASREVIEWS for 10% off.
- Sole Runner – Transition 2 and Transition Vario 3
- Tadeevo – Autumn and Winter Boots. ANYASREVIEWS for 5% off
- Wildling Shoes – Some have wool, but they always have a few vegan options. Read my non-vegan winter models review here.
- Xero Alpine – Read my experience with them in this post.
Vegan Barefoot Winter Boots for Kids
- Affenzahn (Europe & UK only, Size EU 21-32)
- Freet Mudee (Size EU 35-36)
ARV10for 15% off
- Jan & Jul Toasty Dry Booties (Size US 4-11)
- Kiuu (Europe Only, Size EU 28-36)
- Sole Runner Transition Vario 3 (Size EU 29-35)
- See Kai Run (Size US 4 – 2Y) – We have used these, but there is some debate as to whether they are zero drop.
- Stonz Booties (Toddler)
- Stonz West (Sizes US 4T-2Y)
- Ten Little Kids (Size US 4-13)
- Vivobarefoot Yeti & Fulham (Toddler to Big Kid)
- Wilding Shoes (Size EU 18-35)